Monday, November 10, 2008

Money worries

I am always stressed about having enough money. But, with Christmas coming up, I am especially worried. I want my boys to have a great Christmas.

I was looking at my budget again last week. On paper, I have over $500 left after bills, gas, groceries, etc. Why is it that I am scrambling for gas money before payday every month???

I am a single mom. I work two jobs & carpool to save money. I am a thrifty grocery shopper, pay minimal rent. My truck is 8 years old and paid for. I don't blow money on clothes(and have a pile of mending to prove it). I only have one credit card with $500 limit for emergencies. I just cannot figure out where all of this extra money is supposed to be. I asked my friend who loves to budget (makes you sick, doesn't it?) to crunch the numbers. She thought that I was doing a good job and could not find anywhere for me to trim my spending.

I WANT my $500!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brenda, try researching Angel food ministries. It is a great ministry that reaches to people in all financial statuses. I know several people who use this resource. We are the same way. But we are really gonna have to start budgeting after the 15th of April