Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Do-overs, blessings in disguise

I want a Thanksgiving do-over. You know when you were kids and you messed up playing a game, you could call do-over. I woke up Thursday morning throwing up. I could not even take a sip of something without getting sick all over again. I did not get to see my family or even get a bite of dressing. Not fair! Then, Friday morning, I woke up with a head cold and still throwing up. Miserable! Saturday morning, I woke up at 3 am sick again. So, finally drug myself to Primed when they opened. I got some medicine that knocked me out. I even missed the entire Iron Bowl- slept right through it. I vaguely remember someone calling & saying "Roll Tide" in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

But, Sunday morning, I woke up feeling like a brand new person. The boys came home from their dad's at lunch. We put up the Christmas tree and had a wonderful afternoon. I was feeling really sorry for myself missing out on Thanksgiving. But, then I thought about the fact that it was convenient that I did not have to miss work. I have no leave time left so it would have been without pay. I would have had less money to Christmas shop. I decided that I really did not need a specific day to celebrate Thanksgiving. I can be thankful every day, no matter where I am.

Bring on the Christmas shopping!

No comments: