Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year, New attitude?

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's Day!

It seems like everyone is "down" after the holidays. Why is that? We just celebrated the birth of our Lord & Savior! We should still be excited.

I know the economy has a lot of people down. Personally, I have got to figure out a way to make some more money this year. Maybe a 3rd job? LOL

It is hard NOT to focus on our problems instead of our blessings. I am certainly guilty. I do not like this dreary weather. It gets me down- everything is the same color (the sky, the grass, the trees, the roads are all gray). I like sunshine.

I challenge everyone to look for the positive every day. I think God wants us to find the joy in every situation- not just when we are in our ideal situation. Teenagers can be a pain in the butt(But, at least ours are around to get grounded), money is a worry (but we all have a roof over our heads), the house might be dirty (but that means we have loved ones to make a mess)etc.

Come on, guys. Let's make a resolution to cheer up!

2 comments:

ugagirl30 said...

Much the way I am feeling right now. It's time to stop dwelling on the negative and look at the positive.

Unknown said...

amen, sisters!! count me in....