Friday, January 23, 2009

overweight or obese?

I am having some new health problems including high blood pressure. I have had to start a diuretic. Like most people, I am carrying around some extra weight. I asked my doctor if my BP problems had to do with my weight. She said that she did not feel that I was heavy enough for my weight to be causing the problem with my BP. She said that it doesn't hurt to exercise and eat better. Well, I was planning on exercising (really). But, with Christmas shopping, cold weather, etc, I have not done it. I kept thinking that I would start exercising next week. Why do we always think we have to start on a Monday? Or, maybe I could talk one of the girls at work into walking with me. I was playing on line yesterday and it asked if you want to figure your BMI. Well, I did. It said that I was obese. Obese! I was really offended by that. Why didn't someone tell me? So, maybe that's what I needed to hear to be motivated.... I walked yesterday and today so I am off to a good start. I didn't get this way fat by myself so why was I waiting around for someone else to walk with? Pray for me.

No comments: